Saturday, February 27, 2010

When I connect my ipod to a new computer for the first time, will itunes automatically clear my ipod?

I need to transfer my ipod songs to a new library on a different computer, my desktop crashed. Im worried that when I connect it and then access the transfer program, itunes will automatically start transferring, and because the library is empty, it will clear the ipod. Its a simple question but I dont know the right way to do it lol. Please help!When I connect my ipod to a new computer for the first time, will itunes automatically clear my ipod?
When you connect the ipod, there will be a pop-up that says ';erase and sync';(which will clear the ipod and sync it with the library on that computer), and there's another one that say ';transfer purchases';(which will put the content of the ipod on the computer and wipe the computer's previous library) CLICK ';TRANSFER PURCHASES';!!!!!!!When I connect my ipod to a new computer for the first time, will itunes automatically clear my ipod?
If you have music on your ipod you have bought from itunes then you will have to authorize the computer to play them again the instructions are here http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1389





If not, you need to buy this program http://www.dvdtoipodtouch.org/ipod-touch鈥?/a> it will transfer all your music from the ipod into itunes, new iPod. very simple, easy to do!
when u connect ut ipod to a different computer it will say something like a new ipod has been connected do u want to sync it (i think this happens)when it does click no but if it just starts sync as fast as u can just stop it or close itunes, the safest way is to uninstall itunes run the program transfer the music then install it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment