Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I clear up PHYSICAL memory on my computer?

I would like to download a game called WolfQuest and it told me that it cannot complete downloading unless I clear up a certain amount of physical memory. I have a 17G laptop with 4 GB free space, so my computer runs at a fine speed. My question:


How do I remove PHYSICAL memory, preferably selectively?How do I clear up PHYSICAL memory on my computer?
clear hard drive space- delete file in recycle bin.. or buy new hard driveHow do I clear up PHYSICAL memory on my computer?
Ok, first off, there are two types of storage on a computer. There is memory and there is Hard Drive space. Calling hard drive space memory just confuses us, and makes it less likely you will get a response.





As it is, I assume you are talking about your computers memory, often referred to as RAM.





You can't free that up. You either have enough or you do not. If you do not have enough for a program, you will need to add more to your laptop.



There is a way to do that. my computer, then view system properties, then click advanced, then click settings ( the top one under performance, then clik the middle tap (advanced), then change in virtual memory. It will give you a range you can change it to.
Hello,


You can use memory manager programs, like TUNE UP, to free memory segments. TUNE UP can be downloaded free for a trial, but enough to dowload your game.


Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment