Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I clear internet activity from my computer?

I have a laptop my business provides. I use it for business and personal use. I will be getting a new laptop this month and my old computer will go to another staff member. The hard drive WILL NOT be reformated due to all the soft ware applications that would need to be re-installed. My question: how can I clear my computer of all historical web data? Sites visited... Login IDs and passwords... so the new owner of the computer can't access my personal sites?How do I clear internet activity from my computer?
In Internet explorer, click Internet options, then clear history, delete cookies, delete files.





Then, still in internet options, go to setting, check all is deleted, if not highlight and click delete.How do I clear internet activity from my computer?
Cant you go up to tool and go to internet options to clear files etc
If you have IE 7 then go to Tools --%26gt; Internet Options--%26gt; in Browsing history section --%26gt; Delete


It will open another window the rest is self explanatory.


Also go to:


C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserID\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files


and delete everything there.


Empty your recycle bin.





Don't forget to delete your favorites in C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserID
get this software


http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniart鈥?/a>
Eaiser. Take your laptop to your IT guy and tell him to logon (as Admin) and delete your user profile from the system. Any surfing or downloads to your My Documents, imkages, etc. will be erased.
delete temp internet files, cookies and history located under internet options on the control panel. that should take care of it.
Delete History, Offline Cache, Delete Cookies


You should also look at some manual edits, like going to:


C:\Documents and Settings\';user ID';\Local Settings\History


And delete the history contents... look at the hidden directories, and there are a number of them, which would seem to contain any personal data also.


Make sure that


C:\Documents and Settings\';USer ID';\Local Settings\Temp


Is cleared


as well as :


C:\Documents and Settings\';User ID';\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files


Plus:


C:\WINDOWS\Cookies


C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files


C:\WINDOWS\Offline Web Pages


C:\WINDOWS\Temp


C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files





And just check for anything else, and there are lots of places
Click ';Start'; Go to ';Run'; Type ';inetcpl.cpl'; press enter





On the general tab, click the ';delete cookies'; ';delete files'; buttons





then click ';settings'; then click ';view files'; click on a file to highlight, then hit control + a to select all the files then press delete.





Or...





You can visit this site========%26gt;http://www.kellys-korner-xp鈥?br>




And there's several tricks that you can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment